Title: Old two-storey house for sale in the village of Chondros south of Heraklion - Crete - Country Greece - Selling price 30,000 euros negotiable.
Home position : 35.030155, 25.379255
An old building in a village with a strong history. . The location of the building is on a village road, which gives it the advantage of being directly accessible by vehicles that will transport building materials for its reconstruction.
General Property Characteristics.
• The plot on which the house is located has a total area of 34.69 sq.m.
• The house has a surface area of 30.00 sq.m, each floor. It needs renovation.
• Year of Manufacture approximately 1960
• There is electricity and water.
• The village is located in close proximity to the central village of Ano Vianno, where there is a health center, banks, shops, super market, schools.
• Chondros, like other nearby villages surrounding Viannos, suffered a great blow during the German occupation, which is recorded in the history books and for which monuments have been built in honor of those who lost their lives during that period.
Property exploitation possibility: At Second Chance company recommends the specific property for:
• For own use for people who want to withdraw to a quiet location taking advantage of nature 100%. For those who like and love the history of Crete and have a lifelong dream of living permanently in villages that have a strong history. This property has many remodeling possibilities.
• Investments. Buying it and renovating it with the purpose of renting it winter - summer because of its mountainous location but also because it is in close distance (km) to well-known beaches such as Keratokambos Kastri
Listis et al. . The new international airport of Crete will be built at a distance of about 40 km from the village, which will be ready in 2028 and for this reason there is strong investment interest in the area.
Its distance from Heraklion is about 64 kilometers. The inhabitants are mainly engaged in olive growing and the cultivation of early horticultural crops in the coastal zone. The central church is of the Annunciation of the Virgin. There is a Primary School in Chondros.
Throughout the village there are picturesque churches of the 14th century, such as that of Agios Theodoros (between Chondros and Apostolianos) with Byzantine frescoes, where the cemetery is today. Also, we meet the churches of Agios Fanourios, Agios Antonios, which was recently rebuilt because it had been in ruins, the recently renovated Agios Nikolaos as well as Agios Ioannis on the eastern bank of the Anapodaris estuary, from which ruins are preserved. In a green place, Chondros has been a point of attraction for the various populations that passed through it since the Bronze Age.
In modern times, Chondros is mentioned in Kastrophylakas in 1583 under the name Condro, with 278 inhabitants. During the Turkish occupation, the village was a Turkish village. In fact, agades lived in Chondros due to the fertile soil of the area.
The translation was done via google.