Old ground floor house for sale, very close to the sea, area ~55.00 sq.m in Myrtos - South of Heraklion - Crete - Greece. Sale price 70,000.00 euros.
Place of Residence: 35.005285, 25.583569
• Located in an expensive neighborhood in which wonderful new homes and small tourist units have been built.
• The house has a surface area of ~55.00 sq.m. It is ground floor.
• The house was built around 1950.
• It has 3 bedrooms.
• The property is located within a settlement.
• It is at a distance of 100 m from the sea.
• There is water supply and electricity connection.
Possibility of exploitation of the House: At Second Chance company recommends this particular house for:
• For own use for people who want to withdraw to a quiet location taking advantage of nature and the Sea 100%. For those who like and love the way of life in Crete and have a lifelong dream of living permanently on the beautiful island. This property has a lot of potential by remodeling it.
• Investments. Buying it and rebuilding it for the purpose of renting it winter-summer. The new international airport of Crete will be built at a distance of about 50 km from the village, which will be ready in 2025 and for this reason there is strong investment interest in the area.
Myrtos is one of the jewels of Crete, a picturesque seaside village in south-eastern Crete, near Ierapetra in the Prefecture of Lasithi.
In the summer many tourists visit Myrtos. Here you will find small hotels, restaurants, taverns, coffee bars, supermarkets and gas stations. If you start from Heraklion to visit Myrto, follow the road to Vianno, which continues to Myrto and Ierapetra. You will need about 2 hours to reach it, but it will compensate you for the part of the route after Vianno, which is one of the few places in Crete where you will encounter a beautiful pine forest.
Myrtos has one of the best beaches in the area with gray sand and crystal clear waters that are worth diving in and enjoying the blue sea. An important advantage is that the area is not affected by the meltemias and strong north winds that you will find on many beaches in southern Crete, such as the beaches near Ierapetra.
The main beach is located right in front of the taverns and cafes in Myrtos, and extends to the west, where it is wider. In recent years, Myrtos has seen significant tourism development, but without this having destroyed the traditional character of the village and its special beauty.
In the summer, Myrtos is alive with the sea and tourists, while the winter days, peaceful and mild, are spent with agricultural work.
The inhabitants of Myrtos insist that the temperature in winter never drops below 12 C, and for this reason it is one of the few places in the Mediterranean where swallows hibernate.